The Optimist

Monday, November 21, 2005

EGYPT
Ever notice that Egypt is at the tip of everyone's tongue. Why do all the good and bad things happen in Egypt. The mystery of human civilization, the exquisite pyramids, desert and history. Egypt plays such a significant role in the bible. I am no theologian but if you have been to church you will understand what I am talking about. Jesus' parents ran to Egypt for their safety, Moses grew up in Egypt as a "prince" and turned to be the deliverer of the Israelites, Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers to Egypt and became a governor who saved the people from famine.
Ever watched the "Mummy" or "Mummy returns" if not, make a point. I am curious and mystified by this land and yet amazed by how easily its used in analogies, why do we say, "am parked or live way out in Egypt" and not the north pole? What is it about this country or am I the only one who finds it mystic. I told a girlfriend of mine that if asked to describe Egypt in one word, I would say "Woman".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home