The Optimist

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Yesterday I met a man who challenged me.

I was in a hurry to get a nice quiet study room in the library. As I got off the elevator and turned to my favorite study room hoping that it would be vacant, i met the libary janator.
I said a quick "hola" and his responce struck me. It was nothing verbal! In his eyes and voice were questions. Following our brief conversation in "espanol" he quickly told me that he had worked for the university for five years and held another custodial job. He works a minimal of 16hrs a day.

How many of us can do that for 5 years without whinning, I sometimes have trouble with just 8.
But then I wondered,
Why is it that some work so hard and still remain "poor"?

Do you think drive and ambition are the only answers to success?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home